April turned out to be a fairly peaceful month and I finally managed to free up some time for my free software activities.
This month I uploaded two NEW packages to experimental, updated three of my packages and sponsored an arpwatch upload within the Security Tools Packaging Team.
I was particularly surprised and happy to see the release of kupfer v319 since the project was put on hold for several years. Thanks for your work, Ulrik!
So, in short:
- Upload of bleachbit 1.15-1
- Upload of kupfer 0+v319-1
- Upload of python-braintree 3.35.0-1
- Sponsoring of arpwatch 2.1a15-3
- NEW upload of python-statistics
- NEW upload of python-cpuinfo
You can find the original version of my report here.
This month was my eighth month as a payed Debian LTS contributor. I was allocated 15.5 hours and I spent all of them doing the following tasks:
Prepare, test and upload a security update for potrace (1.10-1+deb7u2) fixing CVE-2016-8685.
Prepare, test and upload a security update for partclone (0.2.48-1+deb7u1) fixing CVE-2017-6596.
Unfortunately, both issues required extensive debugging, specific test-environment setup (the partclone CVE only reproducible on i386) and non-trivial modifications to the upstream patch. This explains the high amount of hours spent to fix only two CVEs.
Last but not least, I also started to write Juliet, a project of static websites generator.
I wanted a lightweight, easy to understand and hackable Python static websites generator, that would fit in less than 1000 SLOC.
After three weeks of development I released the alpha2, Juliet rocks and powers this website! :)
Heading image from Wikimedia Commons.